Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Aros Vision in Development

Last updated on 11 days ago
O
OlafSchMember
Posted 1 month ago
I currently work on a new version of my distribution. There will be two versions, one with Scalos as desktop, the other with Magellan. I like both but in my view Scalos is more "Amiga" than Magellan. Here a screenshot showing Scalos desktop, picture showed by Multiview, defined in def-icon (GlowIcon) as default tool.

[img]
aros-vision.de/Scalos3_800.png
[/img]
mattson62, Farox, retrofaza, Argo
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 1 month ago
@OlafSch, Looks Awesome! Looking forward installing it!
O
OlafSchMember
Posted 17 days ago
I am currently further improving both versions. Both are now polished regarding icons. Magellan looking more traditional whereas the Scalos version has OS4 theme and will get AOS4 style icons. If i look at the reactions on Facebook it is obvious that there is much more interest in Scalos with OS4 look & feel

www.aros-vision.de/Scalos_OS4_800.png
retrofaza, aha, Argo
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 17 days ago
Good to see progress on that front as well Smile
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 11 days ago
I don't want to be controversial, but to show you that Magellan with AROS needs correction to be supported well by AROS 68k/x86, look at the screenshot, when you move an window it creates graphical artefacts in the background, if you view by Name the folders are not visible (here you simply have to change the colour of the folders if you can do it).

Dopus4 conflicts and works badly, Guru and problems with using the "ConfigOpus" doesn't work well, if you want I can find other bugs of Magellan on AROS 68k.
You do not have access to view attachments
O
OlafSchMember
Posted 11 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - I don't want to be controversial, but to show you that Magellan with AROS needs correction to be supported well by AROS 68k/x86, look at the screenshot, when you move an window it creates graphical artefacts in the background, if you view by Name the folders are not visible (here you simply have to change the colour of the folders if you can do it).

Dopus4 conflicts and works badly, Guru and problems with using the "ConfigOpus" doesn't work well, if you want I can find other bugs of Magellan on AROS 68k.

you never want to be controversal... my last comment on this
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 11 days ago
You intervened on my request for Wanderer, discrediting Wanderer in order to publicise Magellan! This is not correct.
Consequently, I have shown you that Magellan with AROS has many more problems, which you do not want to admit.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, OlafSch, mattson62
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 10
Members Online 1
AMIGASYSTEM

Total Members: 235
Newest Member: pikewerfer
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]